Wider Quaker Fellowship
The Wider Quaker Fellowship (WQF) is an association of people of diverse backgrounds, Quaker and non-Quaker, wanting some connection with the Religious Society of Friends.
Quaker life is based on gatherings (such as Worship Groups, Monthly Meetings, Yearly meeting, Summer Gathering workshops and seminars).
There are many people in New Zealand who consider themselves to be Quakers, but for some reasons of distance or health may be prevented from attending Quaker Meetings.
The Wider Quaker Fellowship aims to keep these Friends in touch by correspondence.
- Contact is maintained via Wider Quaker Fellowship Letters, emailed or posted.
- Letters are based on themes relevant to the Quaker Way giving information and comment about personal, local and national Quaker activities.
- The letters are written, collated and distributed by the WQF Clerk.
- Comment and financial donations are welcome.
- You can email the Wider Quaker Fellowship Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to archived Letters are given below. It is hoped that these may encourage isolated Friends and other people with an interest in Quaker thinking to join the Fellowship.
- Letter 154 Dec 2021 Memories Prayers - A Sense of Place
- Letter 153 Aug 2021 Quotes Aphorisms and Excerpts
- Letter 152 Jan 2021 What Do I Know
- Letter 151 Sep 2020 The Sky is Falling
- Letter 150 Feb 2020
- Letter 149 Aug 2019
- Letter 148 Mar 2019
- Letter 147 Nov 2018
- Letter 146 Aug 2018
- Letter 145 May 2018
- Letter 144 Feb 2018
- Letter 143 Nov 2017
- Letter 142 Aug 2017
- Letter 141 May 2017
- Letter 140 Feb 2017
- Letter 139 Nov 2016
- Letter 138 Aug 2016
- Letter 137 May 2016
- Letter 136 Feb 2016
- Letter 135 Nov 2015
- Letter 134 Aug 2015
- Letter 133 May 2015
- Letter 132 Feb 2015
- Letter 131 Nov 2014
- Letter 130 Aug 2014
- Letter 129 May 2014
- Letter 128 Feb 2014
- Letter 127 Nov 2013
- Letter 126 Jul 2013
- Letter 125 Mar 2013