Submissions to Parliament
Quakers have made submissions on a number of pieces of legislation in New Zealand and matters of Government policy.
Read the following:
- A Letter to the Prime Minister and the Minister for Foreign Affairs supporting Government actions in response to the war in Ukraine, and urging the Government to be part of the international response to the growing number of refugees.
- An Open Letter to the Prime Minister of New Zealand, Jacinda Ardern: New Zealand must stand for a just settlement of the conflict between Israelis and Palestinians. June 2021.
- LETTER TO MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS RE INAUGURAL FOREIGN POLICY SPEECH April 2021
- LETTER TO PM RE ISRAEL PLANS FOR ANNEXATION OF PALESTINIAN LAND June 2020
- YM LETTER TO PM SUPPORTING GUN CONTROL March 2019
- SUBMISSION TO THE JUSTICE ADVISORY GROUP ON PENAL REFORM/ MAORI March 2019
- SUBMISSION TO THE NZ GOVERNMENT CONSULTATION ON ZERO CARBON BILL JULY 2018
- PROPOSED 100 GUN SALUTE IN WELLINGTON 2014 Letter from our Co-Clerks, Yearly Meeting of Aotearoa New Zealand about the proposed use of a 100-gun salute in Wellington on Monday 4 August 2014 to mark the centenary of the outbreak of World War I.
- SUBMISSION TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REVIEW COMMITTEE August 2011
- IMMIGRATION ACT REVIEW 2006
- GENETIC MODIFICATION 2001 Oral submission to the Royal Commission on Genetic Modification
- TREATY OF WAITANGI & CONSITUTIONAL REFORM