Engage / Whakauru
Committees & Resource People - furthering the work of Quakers Aotearoa.
Our Yearly Meeting is the umbrella organisation that brings local Quaker groups and individuals across New Zealand together. The work of Yearly Meeting is supported by individuals and Committees of volunteers who are proposed by a Nominations Committee and appointed by Yearly Meeting to organise our activities:
- Educational and service committees and resource people provide information and support to Meetings’ faith and practice
- Outreach: sharing our stories with the wider community and supporting Meetings in reaching out to their communities
- Fostering community within and between Meetings
- Fostering connections with Quakers worldwide
- Funding committees provide financial help to Friends, and to the work of Friends
- Taking care of the assets of Yearly Meeting
If you are new to Quakers, you may be interested in other ways to engage with Quakers.