Figure: Tane Mahuta Waipoua Forest, Northland
The Northern Monthly Meeting area includes Northland Region, Rodney District and North Shore areas, Auckland, Howick and Waiheke.
Monthly Meetings for Business are held on the 1st Sunday of the month. The venue for Northern Monthly Meeting circulates around the region with local worship groups as hosts.
The Clerking Team
Meetings for Worship:
The following Worship Groups belong to the Northern Monthly Meeting: Kaitāia, Bay of Islands, Whangārei, Warkworth, North Shore, Mt Eden, Waiheke Island and Howick.
Scroll down this screen to see a map of the locations of the Worship Groups' venues, contact details and times below.
For more information about a local Quaker group in your area click on the links below:
Northern Monthly Meeting offers visiting Friends two accommodation centres:
- Auckland Friends Center right next door and on the airport and city bus routes and a couple of minutes from the train to central CBD
- Waiheke Friends Centre in a tranquil setting on an island in the Hauraki Gulf (access is by ferry from downtown Auckland).
Rooms for Hire:
Several options for rooms suitable for small or large groups, with or without catering facilities, and limited off-street parking are available for hire.
Direct enquiries in the first instance to Resident Friends, Auckland Friends Centre
Phone 09-630-6834 or email AK.email@example.com
Local Public Statements:
From time to time the Northern Monthly Meeting has issued statements on matters of concern:
- Peace in Palestine
- The conflict in Iraq and Syria
- Statement to John Key re refugees
- Proposed Mt Eden Residential Parking Zone
You can read the latest and recent newsletters from Northern Monthly Meeting here.