Waiheke Island, Auckland
Waiheke Friends' House was built by Friends as both a meeting house and a retreat for Quakers - a special place of peace and renewal. It is not a public facility, and bookings will only be accepted from Quakers.
Situated on a hill overlooking Palm Beach on Waiheke Island, it has wide views of the Hauraki gulf. The beach and a playground are less than 5 min walk. The facilities can be used by families or groups.
A retreat for Quakers and Attenders wanting peaceful and inspiring surroundings in which to relax and rediscover the important things in life. The house has been designed to be safe for children.
What you'll find inside
- large main room, seating for 22, can be used as a living room or conference room, whiteboard
- kitchen with stove, fridge, cooking pots for groups, crockery and cutlery
- bunkroom for 10
- double bedroom
- 6 spare mattresses
- 2 showers/bathrooms, 2 toilets
- vacuum cleaner, washing machine, radio, CD player
What you'll find at Palm Beach
- a safe sandy north-facing beach looking across the Hauraki Gulf towards Little Barrier Island
- a shop with EFTPOS
- children's playground.
Booking Overnight Accommodation
The booking form below is temporarily suspended. Please email your booking request directly to email@example.com
Please give your contact details and meeting you belong to, names of those needing beds and the dates you wish to book.
Meeting for Worship
As well as being a retreat, Friends House is also the venue for the Waiheke Island Worship Group which meets at 9:00 am on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month.