Committees & Resource People
The work of Yearly Meeting (the umbrella organisation for Quakers in Aotearoa) is supported by individuals and Committees of volunteers who are proposed by a Nominations Committee and appointed by Yearly Meeting.
They support and organise our activities:
- Educational and service committees and resource people provide information and support to Meetings’ faith and practice
- Outreach: sharing our stories with the wider community and/or supporting Meetings in reaching out to their communities
- Fostering community within and between Meetings
- Fostering connections with Quakers worldwide
- Funding committees provide financial help to Friends, and to the work of Friends
- Taking care of the assets of Yearly Meeting
To see the full range of committees and a description of what they do, please visit the Engage/Whakauru.
Each committee has a descriptive public page. Please note: some committee pages, such as minutes, may not be publically accessible.