Submissions to Parliament
Quakers have made submissions on a number of pieces of legislation in New Zealand and matters of Government policy.
Read the following:
- An Open Letter to the Prime Minister of New Zealand, Jacinda Ardern: New Zealand must stand for a just settlement of the conflict between Israelis and Palestinians. June 2021.
- LETTER TO MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS RE INAUGURAL FOREIGN POLICY SPEECH April 2021
- LETTER TO PM RE ISRAEL PLANS FOR ANNEXATION OF PALESTINIAN LAND June 2020
- YM LETTER TO PM SUPPORTING GUN CONTROL March 2019
- SUBMISSION TO THE JUSTICE ADVISORY GROUP ON PENAL REFORM/ MAORI March 2019
- SUBMISSION TO THE NZ GOVERNMENT CONSULTATION ON ZERO CARBON BILL JULY 2018
- PROPOSED 100 GUN SALUTE IN WELLINGTON 2014 Letter from our Co-Clerks, Yearly Meeting of Aotearoa New Zealand about the proposed use of a 100-gun salute in Wellington on Monday 4 August 2014 to mark the centenary of the outbreak of World War I.
- SUBMISSION TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL REVIEW COMMITTEE August 2011
- IMMIGRATION ACT REVIEW 2006
- GENETIC MODIFICATION 2001 Oral submission to the Royal Commission on Genetic Modification
- TREATY OF WAITANGI & CONSITUTIONAL REFORM